Catch our Drift…
The design is called “Drift” and it can set the mood of your space. Drift can be calm and quiet or it can be energetic and fun. The fluid design has no sharp corners or edges. The design looks light and airy, with construction that is very stable and robust. This product can take on the toughest indoor and outdoor environments.
Is Drift’s Forward Seat Angle perfect for your space?:
- Reduces “Camp Outs:” this is a great seat for up to 30 minute sitting sessions. We intentionally engineered the seat so your guests won’t get too comfortable and camp out all day in your space.
- Active: promotes upright seating posture and keeps the legs lightly engaged for active seating.
- Quick Dry: the Drift will completely shed water form the surface and dry quickly after a rainfall or washing. Perfect for high-traffic spaces where food and beverages can be spilled and in outdoor spaces.
- Nesting: the seats do nest together for a bit more compact storage.
Item # 11501BX_ _: Drift Nesting Seat, 17″ Seat Height, 16 lbs
The Drift Nesting Seat is made with a BIONIC® Polymer core. BIONIC® Polymer is made with plastic recovered from shorelines, waterways, and coastal communities. Recovered Coastal Plastic (RCP) = BIONIC® Polymer.
Utilizing BIONIC® Polymer, Tenjam has made a giant leap forward in recycled materials and proven that Recovered Coastal Plastic (RCP) can be economically recovered, recycled, and turned into high performance products. Tenjam is possibly the first manufacturer in the world to incorporate plastic marine debris into commercial quality furniture and the first to incorporate BIONIC® Polymer into any type of product. BIONIC® Polymer is made with plastic recovered from shorelines, waterways, and coastal communities.
Understanding BIONIC® Polymer: Recovered Coastal Plastic (RCP):
Start by viewing the Beach images on this Tenjam product webpage. Look closely at the tiny bits of plastic everywhere on beach. The plants on this beach have grown around bits of plastic and if you lift the plants you will see layers of this plastic pollution going back many years. Keep these images in mind as you think of the work that goes into hand-collecting, transporting, and recycling this plastic into BIONIC® Polymer and into our Tenjam’s FIRM products. Also, think of how these tiny plastic fragments can be easily mistaken for food by marine animals. Fishing lures are flashy…so are these bits of plastic as they are tossed around by the waves and water currents.
The advantages of BIONIC® Polymer:
1) BIONIC® Polymer is plastic pieces that are being hand-collected directly from the beach (shorelines), waterways, and from the ground in coastal communities. This process directly removes plastic pollution from the places where it’s in the direct path of harming marine life. Thus, by removing this material we believe we are saving marine life, removing unsightly pollution, and still making high performance products. That’s a win, win, win.
2) The plastic that is recovered and converted into BIONIC® Polymer is some of the most difficult plastic to collect and recycle. It’s all the types of plastic debris you can imagine floating in the oceans and washing up on the beaches. Abandoned fishing gear, plastic ropes, broken buoys, shredded tarps, packaging, grocery bags, dinnerware, bottles & caps, toys, etc. Plus, it’s generally tiny fragments and takes days and weeks of hard work to clean a shoreline.
3) Our use of BIONIC® Polymer is offsetting equal amounts of virgin plastic and post-consumer and post-industrial recycled plastic.
4) The use of BIONIC® Polymer is opening the eyes of more people to the global problem of plastic pollution in the oceans. We hope that more people begin taking action in their own communities to intercept plastic pollution before it reaches our waterways, oceans, and shorelines.
More Product Benefits:
- Rust Proof
- Durable – extreme impact resistance
- Safe – one part construction, no sharp edges
- Strong – can support over 300 lbs
- Chemical Resistance – can withstand hundreds of chemicals, body oils, and fluids
- Easy Wash – use soap, water, and many common cleaning products
- Easy Disinfect – use 9:1 water to bleach ratio, hydrogen peroxide, and other disinfectants. There are no stitched seams or hidden crevices where bacteria/bedbugs can harbor
- Fire Compliance: meets California Technical Bulletin 117-2013 (a.k.a TB117-2013 & CAL117-2013)
- 100% recyclable
- 10 Year warranty
Are you looking for a product with a softer seat? Check out our DuraFLEX soft seating products.