The design takes cues from the Amplitude of a wave. Design by Julien Bergignat, France.
To inquire about this product, Contact Us.
Design by Julien Bergignat, France. Made exclusively by Tenjam.
Based on an original idea from 2010, the Amped collection has been re-designed to be set within any welcoming indoor or outdoor spaces. They are inspired by ocean waves and landscapes that absorb you within their curves. The streamlined design offers a poetic and contemporary look at modern furniture.
Through the rotational-molding process and industrial design, these durable eco-friendly products are made available in large quantities, without sacrificing quality or comfort, in a wide range of colors.
The name “Amped” is inspired by the amplitude, the peak of a wave and relate to the backrest of the chair. In the USA for example, Amped is a very positive word. People use it to show off their enthusiasm about doing anything they are looking forward to. “I’m amped to go surfing today!”
So be Amped!
Item # 22101BX_ _: Amped Chair, 16″ Seat Height, 40 lbs
Item # 22101T1_ _: Amped Seat & Side Table, 16.25″ Seat Height, 18 lbs
Amped series currently has two designs. The Amped Chair and the Amped Seat & Side Table. The Seat & Side Table design compliments the chair perfectly and offers great flexibility in your space. The designs have beautiful lines and stunning visual appeal. The flowing curves also make these products exceptionally strong and they have a weight capacity of more than 750 lbs each. Perfect for indoor and outdoor high traffic spaces at schools, hotels, restaurants, museums and more. The designs also look great in a residential setting.
Amped Chair Design and Material Benefits:
- Stay Dry Seat: drain hole designed into the lowest point in the seat pan, allowing water to drain and keep the seat dry.
- Anti-Moisture Trapping: the design of the chair base has minimal contact area with the ground and eliminates the possibility of trapping moisture between the base of the chair and the ground surface.
- Round Edges: increased safety by eliminating sharp edges and corners.
- Wide Base Contact Points: The chair design appears light and airy. The base of the chair actually has wide contact points with the ground to provide great seating stability.
- Rust Proof
- Durable – extreme impact resistance.
- Safe – one part construction, no sharp edges.
- Strong – can support over 750 lbs.
- Chemical Resistance – hard polymer material can withstand hundreds of chemicals, body oils, and fluids.
- Easy Wash – use soap, water, and many common cleaning products.
- Easy Disinfect – use 9:1 water to bleach ratio, hydrogen peroxide, and other disinfectants. There are no stitched seams or hidden crevices where bacteria/bedbugs can harbor.
- Fire Compliance: meets California Technical Bulletin 117-2013 (a.k.a TB117-2013 & CAL117-2013.)
- 100% recyclable
- 10 Year warranty
- MAS Certified Green for healthier indoor air quality.
Optional Item # WEIGHTCAP: Add $40 LIST. This is a recessed Screw Cap factory installed into the base. You may open the screw cap and use a funnel to add heavy pea-gravel into the core of the product. The pea-gravel must be sourced locally. With this option you could add over 100 lbs of additional weight to the Amped Chair and over 40 lbs of additional weight to the Amped Seat & Side Table. The added weight may be necessary for outdoor patios and pool decks above the ground floor. Also great for high-traffic spaces where you prefer that your guests do not move the furniture.
Designed by Julien Bergignat, France
Julien is a design entrepreneur and industrial designer before everything else. He constantly feeds himself with everyday things, he seeks to cause the “extra-ordinary”, the wonder induced by a mixture of daily and magic among the users. He provides precision and care to the conceptualization and technical development of the project so that these crucial steps give way to the experience and sensations.
Born in Clermont-Ferrand in 1985, he grew up in the heart of France. Wishing to transform his passion for drawing and his curiosity about the industrialisation of objects in a career, he quickly decided to dive into the world of creation. After a Bachelor degree in Applied Arts with honors, a Technician certificate (BTS) in product design, he obtained in 2010, a Master degree in Industrial Design with summa cum laude at L’ École de design Nantes Atlantique.
For him design is an everyday quest, that’s why his professional experiences allows him to explore different design fields such as industrial products, limited edition, high hand as much as mass market objects, scenography and packaging design.